Why you need to set up a two-factor authentication
Do you ever use the same password to sign into multiple websites and apps? This may weaken your password and make it easier to steal. That’s why your organization might require you to set up two-factor authentication in order to access your LifeWorks account. Two-factor authentication aka 2FA is the best way to protect yourself online.
This feature improves security because two-factor authentication requires two things to log into your LifeWorks account and keep it secure: Something only you know – a verification code each time you log in – and something only you own – your phone.
How it works
After you sign in with your Invitation Code and Unique Code for the first time, LifeWorks will ask you to set up two-factor authentication by downloading an authenticator app on your phone.
You can choose among the following authenticator apps:
- Microsoft Authenticator (we strongly recommend it!)
- Google Authenticator (we love this one as well)
- Duo Security
- Ping Identity
Download the app of your choice on your phone by visiting the App Store or Google Play. If you have one already installed, you can ignore this step.
Once installed, make sure you follow the steps the authenticator app asks for you to link it to a new account – in this case, your LifeWorks account. It’s a simple process:
- Sign in to your LifeWorks account.
- If you are on the LifeWorks web platform, follow the steps to set up your two-factor authentication. Open the authenticator app on your mobile and scan the QR code you see on your desktop’s screen using your phone’s camera. Alternatively, you can manually enter the activation code you see on the screen into the Authenticator app.
- If you are on the LifeWorks mobile app, when the authenticator app prompts you, enter the account details and copy-paste the activation code that shows up on your screen into your authenticator app.
- A verification code will show up on your authenticator app – this is a time-dependent six-digit code. Simply pop it in the relevant field on your LifeWorks app to complete the process.
- Ta-dah! Your Authenticator app is now connected to your LifeWorks account.
From now on, every time you log into LifeWorks you will be prompted to enter the verification code generated by the Authenticator app on your phone.